Parish Magazine for April 2006
We send our congratulations to Sian and Karl on the safe arrival of Molly born on 24th February weighing in at 7 lbs 4oz. A sister for Tom and Ben and a new grandchild for Sally and Stuart McGuinness.
Congratulations also to Thelma and Brian Mason of Hope Court Farm. They recently became great-grandparents on the birth of William. On meeting the family during our church lunch at The Bennett’s End Thelma told me that they were now celebrating five generations. Congratulations to all!
Please join us for this special service on Sunday 26th March at 10 am. Posies for Mothers, children’s participation, Simnel Cake, PRAISE AND CELEBRATION FOR ALL.
The Annual meeting will be held on Monday 27th March, 7.30 pm. in church. This is an opportunity for everyone in the community to attend and have an input into the life of the church.
At the time of writing (27.02.06), due to the inclement weather there is no way I can forecast when the daffodils will be ready to "show off". Please keep an eye out for the advertising boards.
We shall have no Evensong on 9th April; there will be a Team Palm Sunday Service during the morning, details elsewhere in the magazine.
Easter Eve Saturday 15th April
The Easter Vigil will take place at Whitton at 8 pm.
Easter Day - PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE FROM OUR USUAL SERVICE TIME
Our Easter Day Service (16.04.06) will take place at 11.30 am. May I ask the ladies to decorate their windows in the beautiful Easter fashion. Many thanks.
The pre-AGM was held in church on Monday 27th February and was well attended. Among the items discussed:
- The Annual Report and Accounts were agreed.
- Mrs Clare Cavenagh reported that the Electoral Roll stands at 69 (down 1 on 2005).
- The Deanery is holding a Fun Day at Richard’s Castle on Sunday 3rd September.
- Mrs Topsy Easteal gave the Gift Aid Report. The PCC acknowledged its thanks to all who have signed up to the Gift Aid Scheme enabling us to claim a valuable addition to church funds from the Inland Revenue.
- Tony Easteal informed the meeting that our faculty application had been deferred by the DAC pending additional information from our architect.
The following fund raising events were agreed:
- Quiz - "Brain of Whitton" Saturday 6th May at Hope Bagot Village Hall 7.30 pm.
- Fun Day at Parkside - Sunday 16th July.
Mrs Sally Thompson provided each PCC member with statistics for Whitton Web Site. Members found the information most interesting and valuable. Thanks were expressed to Sally for all her work with the web site which is obviously appreciated by many people. (http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk)
Many thanks to Stuart McGuinness for repairing the Churchwardens’ Staves. Now that you have retired Mac we’ll try and keep you busy!!
A Message from Kath
May I send my thanks to everyone for their prayers, messages and cards following the sad death of my grand daughter. A few weeks ago as I celebrated my birthday at the church lunch I thought how blessed I was to have such friends - your response to my loss shows how true this is. Thank you all - Kath Bills
Recent winners were:
- February 4th - John and Mie
- February 11th - Rosemary Edwards
- February 18th - Pam and Rob Murray
- February 25th - David Rhoden
Prayer for Easter
Heavenly Father we thank you that through the life, death and resurrection of your Son Jesus Christ we have the assurance of your strength and protection.Archive of Previous Parish Magazines
Pencil sketch on this page by W A Green - website details on Contact page