Parish Magazine for May 2016
On a bright sunny morning a good congregation gathered for our Easter Day Communion service presided over impeccably by Rev Sylvia Turner. The singing was led by a small choir augmented by three young visitors who uplifted the congregation with a fine introit. Many thanks also to Rachel Davenhill for accompanying us on the organ. Afterwards we enjoyed sherry and a chocolate Easter cake kindly provided by Kath Bills. A big thank you to everyone who kindly cleaned and decorated the church so beautifully — they were stunning.
Daffodil Daze, 3rd April
A last-minute decision was made to hold our regular Daffodil Daze event on Sunday 3rd April. Thanks to Dorothy Shakespeare for kindly supplying the alterations to the signs. We were blessed with a dry day with bright spells. For a last-minute decision we were very pleased with the number of visitors who attended from far and wide. The daffodils and primroses were enjoyed in their full glory. Sincere thanks to all those who made cakes, served refreshments, stewarded and put up and took down the advertising signs.
Annual PCC Meeting
This was held in the church on Monday 14th March and chaired by Rev Sian Harris. Tony Easteal and Michael Holmes were re-elected as churchwardens and were thanked for all that they had done in the previous year.
The Annual Report and Accounts were presented and adopted. Many thanks to David Clent for examining the accounts. Tony Easteal was elected Vice-Chairman. Everyone was re-elected to the posts held in the previous year.
Rev Sylvia Turner and Mrs Anne Jenkins were elected onto the PCC. Rachel Davenhill has joined the Electoral Roll.
A number of events have been planned for the summer:
- Tuesday 3rd May - Coffee Morning at Croft Cottage, Snitton Bank (by kind invitation of Tony and Topsy Easteal), 11am-12.30pm. Lifts available, please contact either Ann Kemp or Michael Holmes. Everyone welcome!
- Sat/Sun 18th and 19th June, 11am-5pm - Wild Flower Festival at the church. Offers of help welcome.
- Sunday 17th July - Barbecue at midday.
- Saturday 10th September - Concert in church by Teme Spirit Choir.
Rotas for May
- Cleaning and Flowers - Ann Kemp and Michael Holmes.
- Evensong 8th May - Jean Wall and Kath Bills
- Holy Communion 22nd May - Aileen Hood and Michael Jenkins
Recent winners were:
- 12th March Peter Britten
- 19th March Oliver Warr-Jenkins
- 26th March Mick and Carole Peplow
- 2nd April Pauline Deffley
- 9th April Sally and Mac McGuinness
Thought for Christian Aid Week
In Ghana there is a wise saying: ‘One stick can be easily broken. But many, bound together, are strong.’.Archive of Previous Parish Magazines
Pencil sketch on this page by W A Green - website details on Contact page