Parish Magazine for September 2016
On 20th July a well attended PCC meeting was held at The Cottage, Whitton, by kind invitation of Chris and Ann Kemp.
The following matters were agreed:
- Home-made preserves would be on sale in the church to raise much-needed funds. If you feel able to add the odd jar or two for sale, jars and labels are available from Ann Kemp. To make the display attractive it was agreed that the church would supply jars and labels.
- It is hoped that on Tuesday 13th September (weather permitting) a working party will meet to re-point and repair the base of our splendid new War Memorial Cross. Anyone who feels able to join them will be most welcome at 10.30am. Please contact Chris Kemp (891500) if you are able to help.
- On Saturday 24th September the Teme Spirit Choir led by Bernard Morgan will be putting on a revue of numbers from previous concerts, including excerpts from Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar. Tickets are £5 including bubbly and canapés. Proceeds will be divided between the Air Ambulance and the church. Please support this fundraising event. Tickets available from the Kemps (891500) and Helen and Anthony Brand (891467).
- Our Harvest Festival and Lunch will take place on Sunday 9th October at 11.30am and will be lay led. Subject to favourable weather conditions we plan to have lunch in the churchyard in a marquee. More details next month.
- The Team Service programmed for Sunday 30th October will be held at St Mary's Whitton. It is hoped that we will have an augmented choir from any of the parishes. Again more details next month.
- The next Coffee Morning will be held on Tuesday 8th November at Stonybrook, Knowbury, by kind invitation of Sally and Tony Thompson, from 10.30am-12 noon.
- Advance notice of the joint Greete and Whitton Carol Service which will be held at St Mary's Whitton on Sunday 18th December at 6.30pm.
The next PCC meeting will be held at Smithy Bungalow, Whitton, on Thursday 27th October at 7.30pm.
Readers for September
- 11th September Evensong - Tony and Topsy Easteal
- 25th September Holy Communion - Helen Brand and Michael Holmes
Cleaning and Flower Rota
- Mary Hyslop-Winn and Ysy Wozencroft
Recent winners were:
- 16th July Steve and Fiona Bounds
- 23rd July Betty Ward
- 30th July Peter Tyler
- 6th August George Baker
Prayer for the Month
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of the church is governed and sanctified; hear our prayer which we offer for all your faithful people, that in their vocation and ministry they may serve you in holiness and truth to the glory of your name.Archive of Previous Parish Magazines
Pencil sketch on this page by W A Green - website details on Contact page