Parish Magazine for October 2016
- to Pat Dunn who early in October will celebrate her 95th birthday. Pat, we all send our very best wishes to you and hope you have a lovely day.
- also to Laura and Oli of Little Paddocks on the safe arrival of Harry, born on Monday 12th September.
Work has begun on raking out and repointing the brick base. Thank you to Barry Winn, Chris Kemp and Mac McGuinness for their hard work - it's already looking much improved.
Evensong 11th September
We were delighted to welcome back Kevin Bryant and the St Mary's Tenbury Choir whose vocal input was much appreciated. Thanks as always to Jinny our faithful organist for accompanying us. I am sure Jinny you know how much we appreciate having you. Thank you. Afterwards everyone stayed to enjoy a chat, glass of wine and nibbles.
Harvest Festival Service and Lunch
Just to remind you that this important annual event will take place on Sunday 9th October with the service at 11.30am followed by lunch. Offers of food please to Kath Bills (01299 270367). We would be grateful for your usual generous support in decorating the church, and also supplying canned and dried goods and fresh produce.
I have been asked by a number of village residents to draw your attention to the increase in dog fouling in and around the village and in the churchyard. This is particularly unpleasant for those who wish to keep the verge outside their property tidy. Could I please ask you to take home any bags of dog waste rather than leaving them in the church wheelie bins which are not collected on a regular basis. Thank you in advance for your help.
Readers for October
- 9th October Harvest Festival - Janet Williams and Mary Hyslop-Winn
- 23rd October Holy Communion - Aileen Hood and Anthony Brand
- 30th October Team Service - readers to be arranged.
Cleaning and Flower Rota
- October - Mrs Lyn Wozencroft
Recent winners were:
- 13th August Sue Britten
- 20th August Bill Nield
- 27th August George Baker
- 3rd September Aileen Hood
- 10th September Chrissy Bourne
Prayer for Harvest
Almighty and everlasting God, we offer you our hearty thanks for your Fatherly goodness and care in giving us the fruits of the earth in their season. Give us grace to use them rightly to your glory, for our own wellbeing and for the relief of those in need. Through Jesus Christ our Lord.Archive of Previous Parish Magazines
Pencil sketch on this page by W A Green - website details on Contact page