Whitton is a quiet and rural community comfortably tucked into the lee of the Clee Hills on the borders of Shropshire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire, being some five miles from the medieval town of Ludlow and three miles from the old Spa town of Tenbury Wells.
The Parish was, from at least the 13th Century, part of the large parish of Burford near Tenbury Wells until it was divided during the 19th Century when Whitton became the “Second Portion”. The village consists mainly of residential houses dating from around the 15th Century plus a few farms.
At the present time Whitton parish has around 90 inhabitants, has 69 names on the Church Electoral Roll and is part of the Tenbury Team Ministry. It is a peaceful tranquil spot with its place of worship perfectly set in this beautiful corner of rural England.
With such a small parish, it is not surprising that the original parish registers (dating from about 1860) are still retained by the church. On average Whitton sees two baptisms, one wedding and two burials a year.